I love watching The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, it’s kind of fun watching one person date 25 people and narrow it down to one. Everything is always so elaborate and fancy! But this season, has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment. I lost interest last season when Chris Harrison was trying to force Juan Pablo to say he loved Nikki. It’s totally fine and NORMAL to not be in love with someone after what four? months of dating. So after that last After the Final Rose show, I totally lost any respect I had for Chris Harrison. But that’s not what this post is about.
I was a little disappointed when I found out that Andi Dorfman was going to be the next Bachelorette, but I went in with an open mind, hoping she would grow on me. Nope…
If you haven’t watched last nights episode yet, stop reading. If you did, keep going!
1. Has anyone else noticed how cheap this season has been? They haven’t even left the US yet. Their first stop was a different town in California. Second stop, across the country to Connecticut. When do the different countries and tropical beaches come in?
2. Cheap clue #1: The first date last night was with Dylan. They rode a train for the whole day in Connecticut. And then, they got off the train to not change clothes and get right back on for dinner. I’m also curious as to how Andi didn’t get him to tell her his story until dinner. That whole date must have been awkward. And then, the last surprise Andi had for Dylan was going to the front of the train to honk the train’s horn, which they already did when the date first started. Poor Dylan, he got ripped off on this date biiiiiig time!
3. The group date was a basketball game, totally normal for this show. I was expecting a little more drama during the game, but that’s fine, I’ll get over it. Cheap clue #2: One of the teams got nice printed jerseys with their team name, Rosebuds, on it. The other team got jerseys where they had to write their own name in Sharpie. They were destined to lose that game from the moment they got their Sharpied jerseys. Cheap clue #3: The After Party was at the arena, they didn’t even leave.
4. Cheap clue #4: Her second one-on-one date was with Marcus. They repelled off the hotel building. Where they were all staying. Of course the producers place their ropes right over the guys hotel room. Talk about awkward as they’re repelling down the side of the hotel. I just hope they didn’t hear what the guys were saying, that would have been even more awkward.
5. I am extremely disappointed in how they “honored” Eric. They showed him arguing with Andi (who, by the way, seems to like to argue a lot, remember last season?). We saw Eric leaving in a taxi, he didn’t even get the limo like they always do when they leave, cheap clue #5. Then, they didn’t show the rose ceremony, but had Chris and Andi talking about how those last moments with Eric went. And then that was it, they showed a preview of the next episode. Uhm…seriously?! No photos of him growing up or any photo of him for that matter? I thought this season was supposed to be dedicated to him and instead they show his last moments on the show and make him look like a jerk. That argument he had with Andi is the VERY last thing that his family and friends will get to see of him. How would that make you feel? And then to have Andi talk about it, who is clearly still upset about the argument they had. Not cool, not cool. They showed Tasos (who didn’t get a rose and went home) more respect and honor than they showed Eric. If I were in charge, I would have cut that argument out and had Chris Harrison say something along the lines of that they had their differences and Eric left the show. And then showed a little slideshow of him growing up or at least a video of him with the guys throughout the season. I wonder if they’re skipping next week hoping that people will forget about how horribly they honored Eric and that we will still watch?… I will probably still watch, I’ve already invested this much time into it, why stop now? (ugh)
After the show, I of course went on social media to see what people were saying about it. I kept seeing the hashtag #LiveLikeEric, so I had to check it out. Live Like Eric is a nonprofit organization that:
“…carr[ies] on the legacy of Eric Hill and his endless adventures by giving back. We have created the Live Like Eric Foundation to carry out acts of extreme philanthropy that provide service and relief, increase cultural awareness, eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and provide joy and wonder. Ultimately we want to give back and make this world more awesome.
Death cannot extinguish the spark that glows within all of us.
Donations to Live Like Eric Foundation provide the financial backing and provide the basis for an ongoing project that will give back in a way that only Eric could have inspired.”
I think it’s amazing that this organization is carrying out his legacy. “When you donate or purchase #LIVELIKEERIC gear
you commit to pursue your dreams with passion, to embrace optimism, to imagine bigger and to love more fully. When you commit to live like Eric, you can help make our world more like the one he wanted to show us.”
I think that’s pretty awesome! He seems like he was a great guy, and may he rest in peace.
What are your thoughts on last night’s episode?
**I do not own any of the pictures in this post. Each one links out to the appropriate source.